Run of Show For the Day
Date: Sunday, September 25, 2016
Gates: open at 6:00 am
Opening Ceremony: 6:45 am
Race: Staggered Start at 7:00 am 15k 7:10am 10K and & 7:20 am 5K
Awards & prizes post race festivities: 8:00 -11:00 am
- Display booths
- Music & Entertainment (Also along course)
Water and snacks including:
- Delicious Tillamook Grilled Cheese Sandwiches on Dave's Killer Bread
A refreshing Widmer Brew for participants who are 21 older
- Water and other beverages will be available for for all participants
- Winners will receive First Place Medals and their Weight in Widmer Brothers Beer
Amenities for Racers In Start Area
- Runners Concierges Tent - Acupuncture, massage, stretching
- Porta-Potties Sanitation facilities
- Bike and Bag Storage Area
- First Aid Safety Station (Stations also on course)-- Bike Medics will be following run participants along the route.
- Entertainment Stage featuring local musicians, and special addresses
- Vendors from the local community, please visit their booths for special prizes and fun
- Raffle prizes for all- your bib has a raffle number on it, please tear it off and drop into bowl at On site Registration table
Amenities Adjacent to Start Area
- The Soul District Commercial Corridors - MLK Jr. Blvd, Williams Avenue, Mississippi Avenue, and NE 33rd Avenue all run North and South and Dekum St, Killingsworth St, Alberta St, Freemont St and Russell St all run East and West. All of these Commercial Corridors are only a few blocks from the Start and finish area and have a Pleathora great restaraunts, shops and entertainment for you to round out your day
- Public Transportation: There are several Bus Stops close to the Start and Finish Line: for trip planning please use the following address to navigate your way to the event 5125 NE MLK JR. BLVD PORTLAND, OREGON 9721
While we encourage the use of public transportation or bikes to get to the starting area, parking will be provided in a variety of areas near the course or start area as described below:
- Parking Garage entered off of Killingsworth, 1-block East of MLK Jr. Blvd
- Parking Lots @ Portland Community College (PCC) NE Killingsworth
Enter PCC Parking lots off of N Albina or N Mississippi north of Killingsworth
- Parking Lot @ Jefferson High School accessed off of N Emerson Street
- Street Parking EAST of MLK Blvd, e.g. Grand, 6th Ave, Sumner, Roselawn etc.
DO NOT PARK IN AREA BUSINESS'S PARKING LOTS - YOU WILL BE TOWED.
For registered racers only, who get to the start area by bicycle, a fenced and guarded bike corral is available for bike storage during the race. The bike storage corral is located at the grass start area @ the corner of NE MLK Jr. Blvd & NE Alberta. Your race-bib will be your claim check required to retrieve your bike.